Otter Valley walk successes - cheers to that!
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of Otter Valley Association (OVA) walks have expressed their delight at the increased interest in their treks.
This year, on average, there have been 10 walkers taking part in the events, which take place across the Otter Valley.
Walk organiser Mike Paddison said: “There has been a great increase in the number of people who come on our walks.
“I think we get more and more new members coming on board all the time.”
There was another good turn-out for the organisation’s latest eight-and-a-half mile walk around the countryside surrounding Otterton, which showcased the South West Coast Path.
You may also want to watch:
The next walk is taking place on Saturday, October 31, and will include a visit to the Otter Brewery. It has attracted 14 people to sign up so far.
After meeting at Budleigh Salterton Public Hall at 2pm, walkers will be spend the afternoon trekking around the Blackdown Hills, near Luppitt.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 3 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 4 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 5 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 6 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 9 Temporary seafront attractions to remain in place for the summer
- 10 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
The walk will start near the brewery and head south to a burial mound and then north through Luppitt village and back to the brewery.
At 6pm, there will a tour of the Otter Brewery.
There is also the option to only join the brewery tour.
The OVA is looking for walking enthusiasts to become new members. For more information, ring Andrew Beresford 01395 446543 or email Andrew@beresfords.net