Oompa Loompas needed in Exmouth
Willy Wonka will be at Exmouth’s A la Ronde on Saturday and is on the lookout for some Oompa Loompas to help him his sweet-making.
As part of the Big Tea Party event on Sunday June 27, a host of fun, including Tea-pot Tales will be at the National Trust property from 11am.
For children of all ages Jonty Depp will appear as Willy Wonka for an afternoon of chocolate, lollipops and fun.
The look-a-like and act-a-like, and his fondant making assistant Mrs Fudge, will be sharing some of his chocolate and candy-making secrets, but needs some Oompa Loompas to help him design wrappers for his special chocolate bars.
Storytelling, with Tea-pot Tales, invites youngsters from 18 months to eight, to join in the tea party to find out who is in the tea pot. Nicola Perryman, of A la Ronde, pictured here with her son Joshua on the garden’s story-telling chair, said: “The chair is quite magical. Joshua loves stories, and is looking forward to the event this weekend.”
You may also want to watch:
The fun starts at 11am, Tea-pot Tales is at 11.45 and Willy Wonka arrives at 12.30pm.
Visitors are invited to take along a tea party.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
Admission to the grounds is free. Reduced admission to the house for visitors arriving by green transport. Tea-pot Tales and Willy Wonka, no additional charge. �1.50 per person for ice cream cone decorating.