One-use barbecue warning from Exmouth firefighters

PUBLISHED: 13:59 30 June 2016 | UPDATED: 13:59 30 June 2016


Firefighters from Exmouth are urging one-use barbecue fans to safely dispose of the hot coals.

The message comes after crews attended a series of calls to extinguish disposable barbecues thrown in litter bins.

Firefighters are advising people to cool the spent barbecue trays with water before throwing them away, to help prevent a fire.

Nathan Lapwood, an Exmouth fire station watch manager, said crews had recently been called to the seafront to douse bin fires caused by hot barbecues.

He said: “People are just putting barbecues in bins without putting them out.

“As soon as you finish your sausages, put a bucket of water over it.”

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists