Not all over 60s have benefited
Further to the letter last week from Graham Martin, of Age Concern, not all over 60s have received a reduction! I am over 60 and now I have to pay 37.5 per cent more to enter the gym in Withycombe Village Road as off peak benefits have been withdrawn.
Further to the letter last week from Graham Martin, of Age Concern, not all over 60s have received a reduction!
I am over 60 and now I have to pay 37.5 per cent more to enter the gym in Withycombe Village Road as 'off peak' benefits have been withdrawn.
Am I subsidising other pensioners? As I am not in Devon for the whole year, it is not economical for me to receive a discount.
On a commercial level, I would have thought that by reducing prices to all, there would be a need for more staff, not the rumoured reduction in staff.
You may also want to watch:
24 Cheriswood Avenue,
- 1 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 2 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 3 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 6 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 9 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 10 Community thanked for help in setting up rapid testing centre at college