I was born and raised in Exmouth,
And although I am 73,
I like each week to go swimming
But not down in the sea
I prefer to come to the swimming pool,
You may also want to watch:
And do half a mile when in,
But it seems that whenever I come,
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 6 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 7 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
There’s only half a pool to swim.
Tues evening, ladies’ night.
Half a pool again,
Thurs evening it’s even worse,
Partitioned into narrow lanes.
Trying to swim in this confined space
With a man doing crawl in your lane,
You get swamped every time he passes,
And a kick in the side for your pains.
Then if you get two ladies,
Who swim side by side and chat,
You have no room to pass them by,
What can you do about that?
These lanes reduce your options,
As only two to a lane is fine
I am beginning to wonder seeing how much is costs,
Whether I am just really wasting my time.
We that helped to raise the money,
For this pool and centre of leisure,
It seems it was a hard work wasted,
For something that now gives no pleasure.
14 Caroline Close, Exmouth.