No. 57 gets Eve to wedding on time
An Exmouth bride made sure she got to her wedding on time when she travelled to the ceremony on the No. 57 bus.
Eve Lewis, 25, had said she planned to take the bus to her big day because of all the times she had caught it as a student nurse without a driving licence.
Therefore, on the day of her wedding to Michael Moulton-Brady, 25, Eve, her bridesmaids and her father Ceri found themselves queuing up at the bus stop.
And they certainly caused a stir among the afternoon shoppers – especially as Ceri was dressed in full military uniform, complete with ceremonial sword!
Happily, the bus was right on time, so the party made it to the ceremony at Lympstone’s Commando Training Centre as planned.
You may also want to watch:
Eve’s mother Trish said: “Everybody enjoyed it, and everybody on the bus was thrilled – they thought it was such a nice thing to do.”
Trish says the party did cause a brief moment of confusion, as the bus driver was unaware they were coming.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Delay to train travel this weekend
- 8 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 9 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 10 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
“We’d rung Stagecoach beforehand to say we were doing it, because we thought there might have been an issue with the sword, but they said it was no problem.
“However, when the bus turned up the bus driver didn’t know what was going on, so he was a bit surprised.
“It went really well though – it was such a nice addition to the day, and it was really just Eve being Eve – she does like to be a little different.”
After holding their reception at the CTC, the couple are now heading off to spend their honeymoon in Marrakesh.