NHS Devon courses support Self Care Week
NHS Devon is holding county-wide courses to help people with long-term conditions take control of their lives. In support of this week s first Self Care Week (November 9-15), it is highlighting its Expert Patients Programme (EPP),
NHS Devon is holding county-wide courses to help people with long-term conditions take control of their lives.
In support of this week's first Self Care Week (November 9-15), it is highlighting its Expert Patients Programme (EPP), which has been specifically developed for people living with long-term conditions.
It aims to increase their confidence, improve their quality of life and better manage their condition.
It has helped young and old alike to remain healthy and confident, while also giving assistance to carers and families.
You may also want to watch:
Carmel Fanconi, NHS Devon's coordinator for the EPP, said: "Our programme has helped patients help themselves in a wide range of areas to enjoy their lives more fully.
"This can be from managing daily activities and looking after themselves in the best way, to planning for the future and knowing where to turn to for help as easily as possible."
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 East Budleigh 'B' continue their unbeaten snooker start
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
This year, NHS Devon is running 18 courses, including a carers' programme. Courses have already taken place in Tavistock, Budleigh Salterton, Cullompton, Bideford, Kingsteignton, Dawlish, Exminster and Exeter and more are planned in Honiton, Okehampton, Tiverton, Croyde, Crediton and Barnstaple.
"Feedback from the courses is that participants feel more confident about managing their long term health conditions," added Carmel.
For more information and to reserve a place call freephone (0800) 073 0792 or email d-pc.EPP@nhs.net. NHS Devon will then contact you.