NHS Devon courses support Self Care Week
NHS Devon is holding county-wide courses to help people with long-term conditions take control of their lives. In support of this week s first Self Care Week (November 9-15), it is highlighting its Expert Patients Programme (EPP),
NHS Devon is holding county-wide courses to help people with long-term conditions take control of their lives.
In support of this week's first Self Care Week (November 9-15), it is highlighting its Expert Patients Programme (EPP), which has been specifically developed for people living with long-term conditions.
It aims to increase their confidence, improve their quality of life and better manage their condition.
It has helped young and old alike to remain healthy and confident, while also giving assistance to carers and families.
Carmel Fanconi, NHS Devon's coordinator for the EPP, said: "Our programme has helped patients help themselves in a wide range of areas to enjoy their lives more fully.
"This can be from managing daily activities and looking after themselves in the best way, to planning for the future and knowing where to turn to for help as easily as possible."
- 1 Bailiffs instructed to evict caravans from Exmouth site ‘as soon as possible’
- 2 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 3 Ladram Bay to feature in 'staycation' TV show
- 4 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
- 5 Exmouth launderette donating duvet charge to Save the Children
- 6 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Giving the Monarchy a bad name...
- 9 Found: Wanted man from Exmouth
- 10 Witness appeal after Exmouth assault
This year, NHS Devon is running 18 courses, including a carers' programme. Courses have already taken place in Tavistock, Budleigh Salterton, Cullompton, Bideford, Kingsteignton, Dawlish, Exminster and Exeter and more are planned in Honiton, Okehampton, Tiverton, Croyde, Crediton and Barnstaple.
"Feedback from the courses is that participants feel more confident about managing their long term health conditions," added Carmel.
For more information and to reserve a place call freephone (0800) 073 0792 or email d-pc.EPP@nhs.net. NHS Devon will then contact you.