NHS Devon courses support Self Care Week
NHS Devon is holding county-wide courses to help people with long-term conditions take control of their lives. In support of this week s first Self Care Week (November 9-15), it is highlighting its Expert Patients Programme (EPP),
NHS Devon is holding county-wide courses to help people with long-term conditions take control of their lives.
In support of this week's first Self Care Week (November 9-15), it is highlighting its Expert Patients Programme (EPP), which has been specifically developed for people living with long-term conditions.
It aims to increase their confidence, improve their quality of life and better manage their condition.
It has helped young and old alike to remain healthy and confident, while also giving assistance to carers and families.
You may also want to watch:
Carmel Fanconi, NHS Devon's coordinator for the EPP, said: "Our programme has helped patients help themselves in a wide range of areas to enjoy their lives more fully.
"This can be from managing daily activities and looking after themselves in the best way, to planning for the future and knowing where to turn to for help as easily as possible."
- 1 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 2 Repair cafe opens again
- 3 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 4 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 5 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 6 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 7 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 8 Welcome opportunity to celebrate natural beauty of pebblebed heaths
- 9 Extraordinary win for Budleigh Seconds
- 10 Beacon of success: a tribute to the life and times of Spud Rowsell
This year, NHS Devon is running 18 courses, including a carers' programme. Courses have already taken place in Tavistock, Budleigh Salterton, Cullompton, Bideford, Kingsteignton, Dawlish, Exminster and Exeter and more are planned in Honiton, Okehampton, Tiverton, Croyde, Crediton and Barnstaple.
"Feedback from the courses is that participants feel more confident about managing their long term health conditions," added Carmel.
For more information and to reserve a place call freephone (0800) 073 0792 or email d-pc.EPP@nhs.net. NHS Devon will then contact you.