NHS Devon courses support Self Care Week
NHS Devon is holding county-wide courses to help people with long-term conditions take control of their lives. In support of this week s first Self Care Week (November 9-15), it is highlighting its Expert Patients Programme (EPP),
NHS Devon is holding county-wide courses to help people with long-term conditions take control of their lives.
In support of this week's first Self Care Week (November 9-15), it is highlighting its Expert Patients Programme (EPP), which has been specifically developed for people living with long-term conditions.
It aims to increase their confidence, improve their quality of life and better manage their condition.
It has helped young and old alike to remain healthy and confident, while also giving assistance to carers and families.
You may also want to watch:
Carmel Fanconi, NHS Devon's coordinator for the EPP, said: "Our programme has helped patients help themselves in a wide range of areas to enjoy their lives more fully.
"This can be from managing daily activities and looking after themselves in the best way, to planning for the future and knowing where to turn to for help as easily as possible."
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 6 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
This year, NHS Devon is running 18 courses, including a carers' programme. Courses have already taken place in Tavistock, Budleigh Salterton, Cullompton, Bideford, Kingsteignton, Dawlish, Exminster and Exeter and more are planned in Honiton, Okehampton, Tiverton, Croyde, Crediton and Barnstaple.
"Feedback from the courses is that participants feel more confident about managing their long term health conditions," added Carmel.
For more information and to reserve a place call freephone (0800) 073 0792 or email d-pc.EPP@nhs.net. NHS Devon will then contact you.