Newton Poppleford electricity cable fire

FIREFIGHTERS were called to Newton Poppleford on Wednesday afternoon when electricity cables caught fire in School Lane.

FIREFIGHTERS were called to Newton Poppleford on Wednesday afternoon when electricity cables caught fire in School Lane.

When firefighters from Sidmouth arrived they discovered the mains electricity cables attached to a wooden pole had been alight.

The fire was out on the crew's arrival so the firefighters left the scene once Western Power arrived.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter