Newton Poppleford electricity cable fire

PUBLISHED: 13:09 12 February 2009 | UPDATED: 10:28 10 June 2010

FIREFIGHTERS were called to Newton Poppleford on Wednesday afternoon when electricity cables caught fire in School Lane.

FIREFIGHTERS were called to Newton Poppleford on Wednesday afternoon when electricity cables caught fire in School Lane.

When firefighters from Sidmouth arrived they discovered the mains electricity cables attached to a wooden pole had been alight.

The fire was out on the crew's arrival so the firefighters left the scene once Western Power arrived.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal