New Woodbury Salterton studio
THREE artists are inviting people to view their new studio in Woodbury Salterton. To celebrate the opening of the studio, at Lower Cooks, run by Fay, Abi and Anna Dillon, the family members are preparing to take part in the annual Devon Open Studios event
THREE artists are inviting people to view their new studio in Woodbury Salterton.
To celebrate the opening of the studio, at Lower Cooks, run by Fay, Abi and Anna Dillon, the family members are preparing to take part in the annual Devon Open Studios event which starts next month.
Visitors will be given the chance to see their work, which includes weaving, landscape paintings, hand made jewellery and stationary.
The studio will be open from September 5 through to the 20th from 11am until 6pm. There will be two late evening openings on September 10 and 17 until 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Devon Open Studios is a celebration of local artistic talent.
Fay Dillon has been producing weavings for a number of years and recently ran workshops for people with learning difficulties at Stallcombe House, near Woodbury.
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 3 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 4 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 5 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 6 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 7 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 8 Repair cafe opens again
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
Her inspiration comes from the scenic coasts of Devon, Cornwall and Ireland.
Abi Dillon has been running her own handmade jewellery and craft business for more than four years and will be showcasing a wide selection of beaded jewellery, stationary and greeting cards.
Anna Dillon became a professional landscape artist in 2008 and has displayed her work in many galleries across the West Country.
To find the studio in Woodbury Salterton, look out for the village public telephone and post box. Access is via the small private lane, opposite Sages Lea Road.