New Woodbury Salterton studio
THREE artists are inviting people to view their new studio in Woodbury Salterton. To celebrate the opening of the studio, at Lower Cooks, run by Fay, Abi and Anna Dillon, the family members are preparing to take part in the annual Devon Open Studios event
THREE artists are inviting people to view their new studio in Woodbury Salterton.
To celebrate the opening of the studio, at Lower Cooks, run by Fay, Abi and Anna Dillon, the family members are preparing to take part in the annual Devon Open Studios event which starts next month.
Visitors will be given the chance to see their work, which includes weaving, landscape paintings, hand made jewellery and stationary.
The studio will be open from September 5 through to the 20th from 11am until 6pm. There will be two late evening openings on September 10 and 17 until 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Devon Open Studios is a celebration of local artistic talent.
Fay Dillon has been producing weavings for a number of years and recently ran workshops for people with learning difficulties at Stallcombe House, near Woodbury.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 7 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 East Budleigh 'B' continue their unbeaten snooker start
- 10 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
Her inspiration comes from the scenic coasts of Devon, Cornwall and Ireland.
Abi Dillon has been running her own handmade jewellery and craft business for more than four years and will be showcasing a wide selection of beaded jewellery, stationary and greeting cards.
Anna Dillon became a professional landscape artist in 2008 and has displayed her work in many galleries across the West Country.
To find the studio in Woodbury Salterton, look out for the village public telephone and post box. Access is via the small private lane, opposite Sages Lea Road.