New website reveals extent of crime in Exmouth
THERE were 17 violent crimes on or near Manchester Road in Exmouth during December – according to a new police crime mapping website.
The new site, www.police.uk, cost �300,000 to develop and uses online maps for residents to see recorded crime levels in their streets.
It currently shows there to have been a total of 125 crime and anti-social behaviour incidents in Exmouth in the weeks leading up to New Year.
Manchester Road tops the list closely followed by Imperial Road with 10 and eight on or near Tower Street.
The website, which crashed after 18 million people an hour attempted to log on after its launch, allows users to view team profiles for their local policing team as well as detailing ways they can meet officers.
You may also want to watch:
It has also come in for criticism regarding the accuracy of the figures.
? Littleham’s police team are appealing for witnesses after fencing at the Madeira Bowling Club was vandalised.
- 1 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 2 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 3 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 4 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 8 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 9 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
Officers believe the culprit could have been drunk when the offence was committed.
The police said the criminal damage was committed sometime between the evening of Friday, January 28, and the early hours of Saturday morning.
Police community support officer Malcolm Maguire said: “The damage is quite extensive and we are keen to hear from any member of the public who might be able to assist with information.”
Contact the police on 08452 777444 and quote KE/11/271 if you have information.