New website for Exmouth people
INTERNET users can view the best Exmouth has to offer thanks to a new web camera and site which has been launched. Daniel Smith, 23, a web developer who lives in the town, has set up a new internet site, called exmouthonline.com, which went live in the la
INTERNET users can view the best Exmouth has to offer thanks to a new web camera and site which has been launched.
Daniel Smith, 23, a web developer who lives in the town, has set up a new internet site, called exmouthonline.com, which went live in the last fortnight.
The webcam, installed on the side of the Wine of Araby Caf� and Coffee shop, on Chapel Street, can be viewed as well a separate camera which streams pictures of the seafront.
The internet site has been launched to promote the town, its shopping areas, and allows people to submit stories about the area.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel, hopeful of continuing to expand and improve the site, said he would particularly like people to send in stories about Exmouth's history.
"The ultimate aim is to have a webcam for all towns, villages and cities in East Devon," he added.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 4 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
- 5 Shortage of applicants lifts starting salaries
- 6 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 7 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
"You can view any one of the cameras - they are both accessible to view and control."
Daniel said the cameras cost several thousands of pounds each time to install.
"The domain was used in the past but the site has now been resurrected.
"The hope is to build it up and continually improve its content by, for instance, incorporating a history element where people can send in any stories related to bygone years.
"We would love to create a really good history of Exmouth section with stories of people who lived in the area around the period of the World Wars."
The town webcam is capable of a 360 degree view with full optical zoom, pan and tilt functions.
If you have any stories which you would like to have published on the new internet site, contact Daniel by sending an email to: email@example.com.