NEW VISION LOSS GROUP LAUNCHED IN EXMOUTH
A SUPPORT group has been launched in Exmouth for people with a vision-loss condition. The Macular Disease Society will hold meetings at the RAFA Club, on Imperial Road, on the first Tuesday of every month at 10.30am.
N 2704 VISIONGROUP 187 gb
A SUPPORT group has been launched in Exmouth for people with a vision-loss condition.
The Macular Disease Society will hold meetings at the RAFA Club, on Imperial Road, on the first Tuesday of every month at 10.30am.
Linda Slade, who lived in Exmouth for more than 20 years and who runs the Exeter group, said more awareness needed to be raised about macular disease.
You may also want to watch:
Pleased that a branch in Exmouth had been formed, Linda, 55, explained: "I am now registered blind as I have macular disease. I was diagnosed when I was about 15-years-old.
"Not many people know what causes it."
- 1 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 2 New recruits to help keep a safe watch over Exmouth coast
- 3 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 4 Black belt grading success for Lympstone and Exmouth Karate students
- 5 Budleigh's community workshop is proud of its heritage
- 6 Repair café returns to town to lend a helping hand
- 7 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 8 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 9 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 10 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
Macular degeneration causes the loss of central vision mainly among people in the latter part of their lives.
There are two types of the condition which include dry MD, a steady deterioration of the eye's cell and wet MD, which results from the growth of abnormal blood vessels lying behind the macula.
"There needs to be better awareness made to macular diseases," added Linda, who now lives in Teignmouth, Devon.
For more information about the Macular Disease Society group in Exmouth, contact Joanne on 01395 265092.