New Topsham salon opens
PEOPLE who would like to tone their bodies can attempt to do so by visiting a new Topsham salon. Based at 9 High Street, Topsham Toning Tables offers people the chance to improve posture, circulation, mobility and lose inches off their waistline – by s
PEOPLE who would like to tone their bodies can attempt to do so by visiting a new Topsham salon.
Based at 9 High Street, Topsham Toning Tables offers people the chance to improve posture, circulation, mobility and lose inches off their waistline - by simply laying on its special beds.
Rachael Hunter, who works at the salon, said the beds which instigate movement offered very gentle passive exercise for people of any age or weight.
"You are not moving your body when using the beds - they do the work for you," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"The equipment makes you feel better. It is for those who generally don't do much exercise - to kick start them into feeling good and to do more themselves."
Twenty-five-year-old Rachael said the beds were used a lot in nursing homes and hospitals to rehabilitate people if they had any injuries or their muscles and joints were weak.
- 1 Exmouth candidates gear up for county council elections
- 2 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
- 3 Exmouth social group Friends UK set to resume meet ups
- 4 Candidates ready for elections in Exmouth and Budleigh Coastal ward
- 5 Promising signs for Town’s young footballers
- 6 Sand movement forces change of launch location for Exmouth lifeboat
- 7 Mixed views on future development in East Devon
- 8 Exmouth’s final goodbye to ‘RNLI stalwart’ Tim Mock
- 9 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 10 Brixington Blues keep marching on
The salon opened five weeks ago and opens to customers six days every week. Rachael said: "We've had a lot of people coming in to use them so far - it's been really good."
She added: "The beds are really effective. People who've been coming in are already feeling inch losses.
"Once you have done about ten sessions then you progress on to doing a bit yourself where you move them more.
"With the beds, it is not like going to the gym where you get hot and sweaty and where you feel pressurised by being surrounded by skinny people.
"You don't have to fill that gym image - just lay on the beds for around 40 minutes and that's it."
The salon also has a power plate which provides a complete non-strenuous, low impact body workout in just 10 minutes.
For more information about Topsham Toning Tables, call 01392 874116.