New Topsham PCSO excited at fresh challenge
TOPSHAM S new police community support officer has spoken of his excitement to start the new role. Richard Shelton, formerly PCSO for the Mincinglake ward of Exeter, is due to take over from Percy Giles next month. Mr Shelton said: I am very much looking
TOPSHAM'S new police community support officer has spoken of his excitement to start the new role.
Richard Shelton, formerly PCSO for the Mincinglake ward of Exeter, is due to take over from Percy Giles next month.
Mr Shelton said: "I am very much looking forward to starting the position. I have lived in Exeter for most of my life so I already have a fairly good knowledge of Topsham.
"I'm looking forward to meeting some of the residents and getting to know the community as a whole."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Shelton said he would endeavour to work on issues of concern to the people of the town such as PACT priorities.
"I will look to get to grips, monitor and resolve them. I would like members of the public to contact me if they have any issues - I will always be contactable.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 9 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 10 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
"There will be a few weeks where I'll be in and out of Topsham before I officially start around the second week of June."
Percy Giles, who has worked in the town for three years, is moving to take up a PCSO position in Wonford.