New Topsham PCSO excited at fresh challenge
TOPSHAM S new police community support officer has spoken of his excitement to start the new role. Richard Shelton, formerly PCSO for the Mincinglake ward of Exeter, is due to take over from Percy Giles next month. Mr Shelton said: I am very much looking
TOPSHAM'S new police community support officer has spoken of his excitement to start the new role.
Richard Shelton, formerly PCSO for the Mincinglake ward of Exeter, is due to take over from Percy Giles next month.
Mr Shelton said: "I am very much looking forward to starting the position. I have lived in Exeter for most of my life so I already have a fairly good knowledge of Topsham.
"I'm looking forward to meeting some of the residents and getting to know the community as a whole."
Mr Shelton said he would endeavour to work on issues of concern to the people of the town such as PACT priorities.
"I will look to get to grips, monitor and resolve them. I would like members of the public to contact me if they have any issues - I will always be contactable.
- 1 Exmouth RNLI save speedboat sinking on the River Exe
- 2 Multi agency rescue on Exmouth seafront
- 3 Exmouth singer Ruby 'has world class talent'
- 4 Wing walking Exmouth nurse has fundraiser postponed
- 5 Exmouth firefighters save cow from ditch
- 6 Littleham group's success after £5k council grant
- 7 Review: 'Time of my life' at Blackmore Theatre
- 8 Exmouth Town enjoy winning start to life in Southern League
- 9 Four live music acts to perform at garden party
- 10 German twinners have 'sehr gut' trip to Exmouth
"There will be a few weeks where I'll be in and out of Topsham before I officially start around the second week of June."
Percy Giles, who has worked in the town for three years, is moving to take up a PCSO position in Wonford.