New RNLI tractor in action
Exmouth RNLI has received a new piece of rescue equipment - and it’s already been put to work saving lives.
The Tooltrak tractor and launching trolley (pictured above) has been custom-built to carry the inshore lifeboat George Bearman.
The tractor allows the boat to be carried over the beach before being launched, as its rubber tracks prevent it being bogged down in the sand.
The new tractor’s first rescue came when a man was reported to be stumbling around waist deep in the estuary.
The inshore lifeboat was deployed, and rescued the man, who said he had been out fishing and had been caught out by the incoming tide.
You may also want to watch:
He was returned to shore, and checked over by waiting ambulance crews while the inshore lifeboat was returned to base by the waiting Tooltrak.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 8 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 9 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter