New play area at Lady Seaward’s Primary School
- Credit: Picture: Lady Seaward's Primary School
A new outdoor play area has been installed at a primary school near Exmouth.
Lady Seaward’s Primary School, in Clyst St George, identified the site on the school grounds as an area for development after recently adding a modernised Year 6 classroom.
The play area, which was financed through fundraising by the school’s PTA and grants from the district and county councils, features new climbing apparatus and all-weather surfacing.
Pupils from key stage one will be able to use the play area from the start of the 2020-21 academic year in September.
Simon Westwood, head of teaching and learning, said the school has received ‘incredible’ support from its PTA.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The school’s continuous provision will be further enriched and provide a great source of engagement and stimulation for the children.
“The newly installed equipment will promote active play all year round and support the development of the children’s social, motor and core skills.”
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 3 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 6 Put the kettle on to support your local hospice
- 7 ‘We’re here to help’ - eMAG’s volunteers ready to help during latest lockdown
- 8 Exeter City Community Trust stepping up again
- 9 Community energy funding helps TRIP coordinate thousands of requests for support
- 10 Budleigh Freemasons support the visually impaired