New owners for Withycombe Raleigh community pub
- Credit: Archant
A community pub in Withycombe Raleigh has new owners after it was sold off an asking price of £79,950.
The leasehold of the Holly Tree, in Withycombe Village Road, Exmouth, was sold to Nigel and Katrina McLean through estate agent Stonesmith.
Mike Phillips, Stonesmith spokesman, said: “The sale of The Holly Tree follows on from the sale by Stonesmith of The Country House Inn in Exmouth in the summer.
“The sales confirm that there is still demand for both tied and free of tie pubs throughout the Westcountry.”
The selling agent said the detached purpose-built public house has been ‘extensively refurbished’ over recent years.
You may also want to watch:
Its features include a bar area, dining room, snug bar, kitchen, function room, a five-bedroom owners accommodation, large car park, beer garden and patio areas.
The Holly Tree has regular year-round trade, has five darts teams, a pool team; groups and societies hold regular meetings in the pub and there is weekly quiz night.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 8 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Risk and opportunities even when moving house - Sandra Sampson