Fran-tastic new cake shop opens in Exmouth
- Credit: Archant
The Cake Lady - soon to become ‘Frantastically Fancy’ - has re-opened in Exeter Road under new management
A formerly-closed cake shop in Exmouth has re-opened under new ownership.
Frances Mellows, 42, has taken over The Cake Lady, in Exeter Road, and will soon be renaming it ‘Frantastically Fancy’.
She has been selling her baked cakes made from home for a decade and will now showcase her abilities in a town centre shop.
Frances will also be selling cake accessories and will hold baking demonstrations once her kitchen is passed by East Devon District Council’s environmental health team.
You may also want to watch:
She says the new business, which was officially opened by town crier Roger Bourgein on Friday (April 12), will be more ‘retail orientated’.
Frances, who has never run a shop before, said she wants to establish herself as part of Exmouth’s shopping district.
- 1 David puts big business career on ice to return to his seafront roots
- 2 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 3 Sun helps volunteers shine a light on town's blooming brilliant look
- 4 Tri-Hard Runners brave the heat
- 5 Gold medal for East Devon powerlifter
- 6 Farewell for councillor who worked tirelessly for his constituents
- 7 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 8 Women's triumphant triple challenge set to net £15,000 for charity
- 9 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 10 Joint initiative Is big bowls success
“It’s scary and exciting at the same time but the response has been very positive so far,” said Frances.