New headteacher at Bassetts
PUPILS, parents and governors on the first day of term welcomed Bassetts Farm Primary School s new headteacher Sarah Bennett.
PUPILS, parents and governors on the first day of term welcomed Bassetts Farm Primary School's new headteacher Sarah Bennett.
She takes over from Christine Jones who had been head for 18 years - and who presided over the opening of a �310,000 new pre School building for 30 children last July.
Ms Bennett began her teaching carer in Berkshire and moved to Devon four years ago, becoming acting head and then associate head of a school in Exeter.
She said: "I love being a head teacher and I feel it is a very privileged position.
You may also want to watch:
"Bassetts Farm is a very friendly caring school that works with the children to create a fantastic learning environment.
"I look forward to working with the children, staff and parents to creating an even better place to grow and learn."
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 6 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 7 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 10 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
She added that over the next 12 months she wanted to see more parents become increasingly involved with their child's education.
"As a school we are looking at ways of creating exciting learning journeys, designed to motivate and enthuse learners, ultimately ensuring that the children become great learners.
"One of our school aims is 'a love of learning for life', and I feel that this is what education for all involved in school is all about.