New headteacher at Bassetts
PUPILS, parents and governors on the first day of term welcomed Bassetts Farm Primary School s new headteacher Sarah Bennett.
PUPILS, parents and governors on the first day of term welcomed Bassetts Farm Primary School's new headteacher Sarah Bennett.
She takes over from Christine Jones who had been head for 18 years - and who presided over the opening of a �310,000 new pre School building for 30 children last July.
Ms Bennett began her teaching carer in Berkshire and moved to Devon four years ago, becoming acting head and then associate head of a school in Exeter.
She said: "I love being a head teacher and I feel it is a very privileged position.
"Bassetts Farm is a very friendly caring school that works with the children to create a fantastic learning environment.
"I look forward to working with the children, staff and parents to creating an even better place to grow and learn."
- 1 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 2 Exmouth care home launches new grant to tackle loneliness
- 3 How can you help Exmouth?
- 4 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 5 Record level of police numbers will soon have a positive effect on our communities
- 6 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 7 Exmouth Harriers turn to the Countryside
- 8 Law firm invites students to apply for work experience placements
- 9 Live grenade training to resume on Woodbury Common from next month
- 10 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
She added that over the next 12 months she wanted to see more parents become increasingly involved with their child's education.
"As a school we are looking at ways of creating exciting learning journeys, designed to motivate and enthuse learners, ultimately ensuring that the children become great learners.
"One of our school aims is 'a love of learning for life', and I feel that this is what education for all involved in school is all about.