New headteacher at Bassetts
PUPILS, parents and governors on the first day of term welcomed Bassetts Farm Primary School s new headteacher Sarah Bennett.
PUPILS, parents and governors on the first day of term welcomed Bassetts Farm Primary School's new headteacher Sarah Bennett.
She takes over from Christine Jones who had been head for 18 years - and who presided over the opening of a �310,000 new pre School building for 30 children last July.
Ms Bennett began her teaching carer in Berkshire and moved to Devon four years ago, becoming acting head and then associate head of a school in Exeter.
She said: "I love being a head teacher and I feel it is a very privileged position.
You may also want to watch:
"Bassetts Farm is a very friendly caring school that works with the children to create a fantastic learning environment.
"I look forward to working with the children, staff and parents to creating an even better place to grow and learn."
- 1 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 2 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 3 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 4 Serious injury abandons Exmouth v Brislington
- 5 Exmouth salutes its 'town of flowers' award winners
- 6 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 7 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 8 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 9 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 10 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
She added that over the next 12 months she wanted to see more parents become increasingly involved with their child's education.
"As a school we are looking at ways of creating exciting learning journeys, designed to motivate and enthuse learners, ultimately ensuring that the children become great learners.
"One of our school aims is 'a love of learning for life', and I feel that this is what education for all involved in school is all about.