New governor needed at Brixington
A new community governor is needed at Brixington Primary School
BRIXINGTON Primary School is seeking a new community governor to join its 15-strong governing body.
The role of the body is strategic and closely involved in deciding the values, visions and aims of the school; drafting statutory policies, creating its improvement plan as well as setting and monitoring the budget.
Community governors represent the different groups within the community that have an interest in the school.
Jon Galling, head teacher, said: “We are fortunate to have a strong and committed governing body.
“A vacancy has recently come up for a community governor, which means we are now looking for someone who lives or works in the Brixington community and is willing to volunteer their time to support our vision of being ‘a great place to be’.”
The post is voluntary for a four-year term and would require regular attendance at meetings at the school.
- 1 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
- 2 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 3 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 4 Brixington Blues weather the storm to blow away Broadclyst
- 5 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 6 Ex-tree-mely good response to Rotary saplings giveaway in Exmouth
- 7 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 8 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 9 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 10 Proposal for a permanent beach volleyball pitch on an East Devon beach
Mr Galling added: “Whilst we are asking people to give up their time for free, our governors find their involvement intensely rewarding and enjoy using their skills and experience for the benefit of the school”.
If you are interested in joining the Brixington Primary School Governing Body as a community governor, contact Jon Galling, head teacher, on (01395) 266997.
The closing date for expressions of interest is Thursday, October 21.