New East Devon crematorium plans
A NEW crematorium to serve East Devon is being proposed. Suggested by crematoria management company Memoria Ltd, it is planned to build the site on a semi-rural location situated on the A3052 near Woodbury Salterton. The site will be created to serve Exmo
A NEW crematorium to serve East Devon is being proposed.
Suggested by crematoria management company Memoria Ltd, it is planned to build the site on a semi-rural location situated on the A3052 near Woodbury Salterton.
The site will be created to serve Exmouth, Sidmouth, Budleigh Salterton, Honiton, Ottery St Mary and surrounding districts.
Plans for a crematorium in Whimple failed to win consent earlier this year but a new application has been submitted.
You may also want to watch:
Objectors to the latest plans believe it is not a new application but a re-run of the first and remain of the opinion the site will be unsuitable.
Memoria chairman Howard Hodgson said: "We will be very proud indeed to provide a new facility for this community.
- 1 Budleigh's community workshop is proud of its heritage
- 2 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 3 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 4 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 5 Auctioneers are becoming more accessible by utilising new technology
- 6 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 7 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 8 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 9 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 10 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
"This crematorium will once again reflect our ability to provide excellent and consistent standards which have become our hallmark."
Speaking about the Woodbury Salterton plans, Mr Hodgson said: "It is situated in a more convenient location for the vast majority of the population.
"Thus, it will cut down journey times and is set in a more suitable semi-rural location as opposed to the rural open countryside of Whiple.
"Extensive car parking will be available on site, while the ground landscaping will feature memorial ponds and rockeries linked by tree planted lawns and pathways.
"A full range of memorials will be provided."
If approved, the crematorium earmarked for Woodbury Salterton would be the sixth built by Memoria in as many years.