New East Devon crematorium plans
A NEW crematorium to serve East Devon is being proposed. Suggested by crematoria management company Memoria Ltd, it is planned to build the site on a semi-rural location situated on the A3052 near Woodbury Salterton. The site will be created to serve Exmo
A NEW crematorium to serve East Devon is being proposed.
Suggested by crematoria management company Memoria Ltd, it is planned to build the site on a semi-rural location situated on the A3052 near Woodbury Salterton.
The site will be created to serve Exmouth, Sidmouth, Budleigh Salterton, Honiton, Ottery St Mary and surrounding districts.
Plans for a crematorium in Whimple failed to win consent earlier this year but a new application has been submitted.
Objectors to the latest plans believe it is not a new application but a re-run of the first and remain of the opinion the site will be unsuitable.
Memoria chairman Howard Hodgson said: "We will be very proud indeed to provide a new facility for this community.
- 1 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
- 2 'Goth girl' Scarlett plans Dartmoor trek for charity
- 3 Big Breakfast fundraiser starts Budleigh Gala Week
- 4 'Report graffiti and vandalism', police urge Budleigh residents
- 5 I spent an afternoon with the Devon Air Ambulance
- 6 Exeter Chiefs looking to get better of Bristol Bears, again and again!
- 7 Witness appeal after Exmouth assault
- 8 Body found in search for missing man
- 9 Exmouth coast watch recruit three newbies
- 10 Found: Wanted man from Exmouth
"This crematorium will once again reflect our ability to provide excellent and consistent standards which have become our hallmark."
Speaking about the Woodbury Salterton plans, Mr Hodgson said: "It is situated in a more convenient location for the vast majority of the population.
"Thus, it will cut down journey times and is set in a more suitable semi-rural location as opposed to the rural open countryside of Whiple.
"Extensive car parking will be available on site, while the ground landscaping will feature memorial ponds and rockeries linked by tree planted lawns and pathways.
"A full range of memorials will be provided."
If approved, the crematorium earmarked for Woodbury Salterton would be the sixth built by Memoria in as many years.