New East Devon crematorium plans
A NEW crematorium to serve East Devon is being proposed. Suggested by crematoria management company Memoria Ltd, it is planned to build the site on a semi-rural location situated on the A3052 near Woodbury Salterton. The site will be created to serve Exmo
A NEW crematorium to serve East Devon is being proposed.
Suggested by crematoria management company Memoria Ltd, it is planned to build the site on a semi-rural location situated on the A3052 near Woodbury Salterton.
The site will be created to serve Exmouth, Sidmouth, Budleigh Salterton, Honiton, Ottery St Mary and surrounding districts.
Plans for a crematorium in Whimple failed to win consent earlier this year but a new application has been submitted.
You may also want to watch:
Objectors to the latest plans believe it is not a new application but a re-run of the first and remain of the opinion the site will be unsuitable.
Memoria chairman Howard Hodgson said: "We will be very proud indeed to provide a new facility for this community.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 4 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 7 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 10 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
"This crematorium will once again reflect our ability to provide excellent and consistent standards which have become our hallmark."
Speaking about the Woodbury Salterton plans, Mr Hodgson said: "It is situated in a more convenient location for the vast majority of the population.
"Thus, it will cut down journey times and is set in a more suitable semi-rural location as opposed to the rural open countryside of Whiple.
"Extensive car parking will be available on site, while the ground landscaping will feature memorial ponds and rockeries linked by tree planted lawns and pathways.
"A full range of memorials will be provided."
If approved, the crematorium earmarked for Woodbury Salterton would be the sixth built by Memoria in as many years.