New director for Woodbury Salterton business
An Exmouth man has been appointed to the board of a Woodbury Salterton firm.
Peter German, 58, has been made a director of FWS Carter and Sons, which runs 1,700 acres of farmland, seven pubs, a trawler fleet, a farm shop, investment properties, Exmouth Marina and Greendale Business Park.
Peter has been with the firm for 25 years, starting as a financial accountant.
He said: “Helping to manage such a diverse business operation is wonderfully challenging and rewarding.
“I am delighted to be joining the board of a company that makes a significant contribution to the local and regional economy in terms of employment and procurement from local suppliers.”
Business co-owner Robin Carter said: “Peter’s appointment is a fitting reward for his commitment and invaluable contribution to the business over many years.”
- 1 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 2 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 3 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 4 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 5 Proposal for a permanent beach volleyball pitch on an East Devon beach
- 6 Man in court over alleged 'threat' to Exmouth police officer
- 7 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns