New computer courses to start in Budleigh Salterton
BUDLEIGH folk can brush up on their computer skills thanks to new courses being held at St Peter’s Primary School.
As part of a BBC television initiative called First Click, courses for complete beginners will be available from January at the school’s newly-refurbished computer suite.
First Click is a BBC Learning campaign to encourage those aged 55 and over, who currently do not use the internet, to understand and enjoy its benefits.
The courses will be run by Otter IT, a local business in Budleigh Salterton providing both computer support and training to both the domestic and business sector.
Looking forward to the start of the sessions, Vicky Lewis, the acting head teacher at St Peter’s Primary School, said: “This is a marvellous opportunity for us to be able to share our wonderful computer resources with the community.”
Alexis Vaughan, from Otter IT, said: “Research by the BBC has shown that many do not have the confidence and skills to use computers and the Internet.
“These courses provide a space to both share these anxieties and learn the computer skills that are needed for this technology age.”
- 1 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
- 2 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 3 Brixington Blues weather the storm to blow away Broadclyst
- 4 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 5 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 6 Ex-tree-mely good response to Rotary saplings giveaway in Exmouth
- 7 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 8 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 9 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 10 Proposal for a permanent beach volleyball pitch on an East Devon beach
The courses will start in January 2011. Otter IT is taking bookings now for these courses. Although there will be several courses running, there are limited spaces on each session.