Budleigh Probus elects a new chairman via Zoom
- Credit: Budleigh Salterton Probus
Using the virtual platform Zoom, members of the Budleigh Salterton Probus Club elected a new chairman at their annual general meeting on September 3.
Peter Walker, a keen golfer and supporter of Watford Football Club, was voted to take over the reins for the forthcoming year.
An active member of Probus since 2016, Peter has often organised lunches and excursions to places of interest for members and their wives. He moved to Budleigh in 2015 after retiring as a company director in the dairy industry.
Budleigh Probus has temporarily suspended its twice-monthly meetings due to the pandemic but hopes to recommence activities after Christmas.
Meanwhile, members have kept in contact by phone and through a monthly newsletter laced with humorous stories.
You may also want to watch:
A programme of online talks for members has been scheduled, until the traditional meetings at Budleigh Football Club can resume. The first such presentation will take place on Thursday, September 17 and will consider the exploratory voyages of Captain James Cook.
Anyone interested in joining should contact membership secretary Neville Lister on 07976 851 549
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 3 Sports-related projects set for £300,000 developer cash boost
- 4 'Use any quotation you like, there is a huge problem' - Anthony Bernard
- 5 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 6 Reverend Steve Jones - Finding a Quiet Space
- 7 Budleigh football facing a moral dilemma
- 8 Rugby literally back to square one
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Lets use money from cancelled holidays to help those in need - Anthony Bernard