New Budleigh care business opening
A husband and wife team have realised their dream of working together with the opening of a new business in Brook Road Budleigh Salterton, which could create 50 new care jobs.
In launching the Exeter and East Devon office of Home Instead Senior Care last month Mark and Vanessa McGlade are returning to Vanessa’s family roots after living in the US for 14 years.
Home Instead offers non-medical care services for older people in the comfort of their own homes.
The couple first met whilst Mark was serving as a Naval Officer at Britannia Royal Naval College in Dartmouth.
After they were married he pursued a career in the Aerospace and Defence industry, living in America for 14 years.
You may also want to watch:
While Vanessa is relishing the opportunity to build the business following a background in community based voluntary work and currently volunteers for the Samaritans. Vanessa said: “We are committed to providing our clients with the same level of care as we would want for our own loved ones.
“We have lost two members of our family to cancer whilst living abroad and we know how difficult it is to find suitable care for elderly or ill relatives.”
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 8 Condolences to PM following 'senseless' killing of popular MP
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
Mark said: “I am really looking forward to bringing high quality personalised senior care to Exeter and East Devon whilst creating sustainable employment for over 50 local employees.”