New Brazilian minister to take charge of services at Exmouth church in time for Easter
- Credit: Archant
An Exmouth church will welcome a new minister in time for Easter – and he is travelling more than 5,000 to make it.
Bishop Josep Rossello will begin his new appointment next week at Christ Church, in North Street, after six months of preparations to relocate from Brazil, where he has been serving for more than 11 years.
During that time, Mr Rossello has built 30 congregations across Brazil, Columbia and Venezuela.
His first service preaching at the Free Church of England fellowship will be Easter Sunday.
Mr Rossello and his wife Patrice, a doctor in Brazil, felt a calling to England more than a year ago and answered the need for a minister at Christ Church back in November.
You may also want to watch:
Services over Easter at Christ Church involve a Palm Sunday all-age Service on April 14, from 10.30am, a Tenebrae service on Maundy Thursday, coffee morning and Easter craft and egg hunt on Easter Saturday, from 11am and Easter Sunday Service at 10.30am.
- 1 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 2 Steve hopes community will help lifesaving research at awareness event
- 3 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 4 Exmouth woman denies murdering her partner Nigel Johnston
- 5 Exmouth man sent to Broadmoor for B&B sex attack
- 6 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 7 The sun shines on East Devon knockout finals
- 8 Regeneration of Exmouth town centre and Dinan Way extension under discussion
- 9 East Devon cracker to start the Peninsula season
- 10 Rotarians busy making plans for Queen's jubilee