New boutique on Albion hill
A NEW boutique selling the home-grown creations of Exmouth s talented artisans will open tomorrow on Albion Hill.
A NEW boutique selling the home-grown creations of Exmouth's talented artisans will open tomorrow on Albion Hill.
Run by wife and husband team of Kellie and Justin James of Ashleigh Avenue 'Bohemia' will be opened by Mayor Darryl Nicholas in what will be a showcase of the finest arts and crafts by local people.
In another example of Exmouth's inventive business community braving the economic storm by diversifying, the new boutique will stock everything from embroided clothes, soap, ceramics and art to jewellery, hand-spun wooden bowls, CD's by local bands and felt bags.
Kellie they say she was inspired to open up a shop after becoming 'frustrated' that there was no where for her to sell her recycled jewellery or for local craftspeople to promote their wares.
She said: "There is so much talent in Exmouth and why should people have to go to Exeter to buy things made locally?
"So we thought we would set up a shop and do it ourselves. Why go to Exeter to shop when everything is right here.
- 1 Rolling out the 'big tent' to help East Devon
- 2 Fears over future of Methodist church
- 3 'I am pro-vaccine, but I am also pro-choice'
- 4 Homes and shops plan approved for site behind Exmouth's Tower Street Church
- 5 Lympstone man takes on 3,000-mile rowing challenge
- 6 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 7 Withycombe ladies shine in six-try stunner
- 8 A pace for everyone with the Budleigh Runners
- 9 Free water dispensers set up in Exmouth to cut plastic waste
- 10 Six-goal classic for East Budleigh and Topsham
"We cater for all tastes - if you are on a budget there are greetings cards right up to �500 pieces of original artwork."
Kellie, who for ten years ran a circus performers shop in Bristol, has high hopes for the store and hopes eventually to run craft workshops.
"There is such a high standard and variety of goods made by people in the area," she said.
"My hope is eventually Albion Hill will become a hub for local craftspeople with a range of independent shops, something like the Lanes in Brighton."
Bohemia will open from Tuesday to Saturday, from 10am to 5pm and their website is