National tennis tournament to be held in Exmouth
A NATIONAL tennis tournament will be held in Exmouth to help raise funds for a charity which aims to stop children dying needlessly. Scores of youngsters will take part in the Save the Children junior competition at Exmouth Indoor Tennis Centre this Sunda
A NATIONAL tennis tournament will be held in Exmouth to help raise funds for a charity which aims to stop children dying needlessly.
Scores of youngsters will take part in the Save the Children junior competition at Exmouth Indoor Tennis Centre this Sunday, September 27.
Winners of this weekend's regional stage will go through to the UK National Finals in Roehampton next month. The tournament has raised over two million pounds since it started more than twenty years ago.
Jo Louis, manager of the Exmouth Indoor Centre, said: "We are looking forward to hosting the event - it has been a successful tournament in previous years and hopefully everyone will have a good time."
You may also want to watch:
Andy Murray, Britain's number one-ranked tennis player, said: "The Save the Children Junior tournament is an event giving young people of varied abilities the chance to get active and enjoy playing tennis.
"At the same time, all the players are helping the charity raise vital funds for vulnerable children around the world.
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 4 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 5 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 6 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 7 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 8 Mental health nurse turned patient gearing up for sponsored walk to fund book
- 9 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 10 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
"I'm delighted Save the Children has chosen to use tennis for such a great cause and I give my support to the tournament.