National tennis tournament to be held in Exmouth
A NATIONAL tennis tournament will be held in Exmouth to help raise funds for a charity which aims to stop children dying needlessly. Scores of youngsters will take part in the Save the Children junior competition at Exmouth Indoor Tennis Centre this Sunda
A NATIONAL tennis tournament will be held in Exmouth to help raise funds for a charity which aims to stop children dying needlessly.
Scores of youngsters will take part in the Save the Children junior competition at Exmouth Indoor Tennis Centre this Sunday, September 27.
Winners of this weekend's regional stage will go through to the UK National Finals in Roehampton next month. The tournament has raised over two million pounds since it started more than twenty years ago.
Jo Louis, manager of the Exmouth Indoor Centre, said: "We are looking forward to hosting the event - it has been a successful tournament in previous years and hopefully everyone will have a good time."
You may also want to watch:
Andy Murray, Britain's number one-ranked tennis player, said: "The Save the Children Junior tournament is an event giving young people of varied abilities the chance to get active and enjoy playing tennis.
"At the same time, all the players are helping the charity raise vital funds for vulnerable children around the world.
- 1 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 2 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 3 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang
- 4 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Western League opener for Exmouth Town
- 7 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 8 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 9 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 10 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
"I'm delighted Save the Children has chosen to use tennis for such a great cause and I give my support to the tournament.