Names for Topsham’s royal family announced
Topsham’s town fayre royal family set to be crowned
THE names of this year’s Topsham royal family have been announced.
Fourteen-year-old Cody Wilson has been named queen with Dayna Edworthy, 10, and Kia Davey, nine, as princesses.
The trio, who all live in the town, will be crowned on Monday, August 23, at 7.15pm, before the start of a bingo event during Topsham Town Fayre week.
The town crier, Keith Smith, will conduct the coronation ceremony on the Matthews Hall stage.
You may also want to watch:
Topsham first had a royal family, a tradition associated with the fayre, in the winter of 1931.
Doreen Erasmus, who is still living in Topsham, was one of the queen’s maids 79 years ago.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 4 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 9 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common