Mystery surrounds future of Exmouth seafront cafe
MYSTERY surrounds the future management of a popular seafront caf� inside Exmouth Pavilion. Staff at Posh Nosh, a creative cuisine company from Topsham, said they were due to take over at the venue on April 1.This was after Leisure East Devon, who operat
MYSTERY surrounds the future management of a popular seafront caf� inside Exmouth Pavilion.
Staff at Posh Nosh, a creative cuisine company from Topsham, said they were due to take over at the venue on April 1.
This was after Leisure East Devon, who operate the facility on behalf of East Devon Council, put the restaurant's management contract out to tender - which Posh Nosh claim they won.
Yet, Aby Farmanieh, 46, owner of Aby's Catering, who currently run the caf�, said: "We have the legal right to remain and renew our contract and stay at the pavilion."
You may also want to watch:
Vicky Squires, business development manager at Posh Nosh, said: "Leisure East Devon advertised that it was coming available.
"We applied because we are a well established Devon caterer and we thought it was only a stones-throw away from our base (in Topsham).
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 3 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 4 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 7 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 8 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang
"We thought it be a good opportunity for us. Exmouth has a great footfall and I feel we have a lot to bring to the area."
Vicky added: "We put together a presentation to take to LED. We were then told we had won the contract.
"We put out for the tender in a lawful manner and as far as I know at this stage we are going in there in April."
Mr Farmanieh has run the caf� at the since 1997. He said: "It was myself who turned the Pavilion into all-year round catering. We love customers and they love us."
David Pagett, Chief Executive of Leisure East Devon, admitted an issue had arisen over the provision of catering services at the caf�.
"Discussions are ongoing with the present concessionaire, Mr Farmanieh, with the expectation that the matter will be resolved shortly," he said.