Mum has model hopes
A Littleham model is appealing for votes in a charity competition.
Emma Mitchell, 25, is taking part in Plymouth Calendar Girls, an annual contest which raises money for cancer charities.
This year the chosen charity is Macmillan Cancer Support, and models who enter the contest are being challenged to raise �5,000.
Emma’s first aim is to qualify for the competition’s pageant event in Plymouth.
She will then hope to be chosen as one of the 12 winners who will appear in next year’s charity calendar.
Emma, who models under the name Skye, is a competition novice who combines her modelling with day jobs at a local hotel and holiday park, as well as raising her four-year-old daughter.
Emma said: “I’ve done a bit of modelling before, but never in a competition like this, so I would be well chuffed to win it.
- 1 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 2 Exmouth care home launches new grant to tackle loneliness
- 3 How can you help Exmouth?
- 4 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 5 Record level of police numbers will soon have a positive effect on our communities
- 6 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 7 Exmouth Harriers turn to the Countryside
- 8 Live grenade training to resume on Woodbury Common from next month
- 9 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 10 Law firm invites students to apply for work experience placements
“Really, though, I want to be one of the girls that raises a lot of money for Macmillan, so it’s not all about winning the contest.
“The charity side of it is definitely important to me.”
The competition’s entrants are aiming to raise money through text votes from their supporters.
Texts are charged at �1, of which 61p goes to Macmillan and the rest is used to cover costs.
To vote for Emma, text pcg 092 to 82727. Voting is open until June 3.