MP steps up for Water Aid
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire will be stepping out along Budleigh Salterton s coastal path on Saturday, September 12 to raise funds for Water Aid.
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire will be stepping out along Budleigh Salterton's coastal path on Saturday, September 12 to raise funds for Water Aid.
There is still time to take part - the Devon stretch of coast has been split into 16 sections of coast path.
Mr Swire will be walking the seven-mile stretch from Budleigh to Sidmouth in an attempt to raise much-needed cash for the charity.
In 2005 and 2007, those taking part collectively raised more than �120,000.
You may also want to watch:
This year, it is hoped the Coast Along for Water Aid event will raise at least �100,000, by having at least one team of between two and seven people on each section of the path.
Mr Swire said: "I am proud to be playing my own small part in contributing to this worthwhile cause. At a time when we are all facing difficult economic circumstances, it is imperative that we do not forget those less fortunate than ourselves and this will be a healthy and enjoyable way to promote this cause."
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 Sports-related projects set for £300,000 developer cash boost
- 3 'Use any quotation you like, there is a huge problem' - Anthony Bernard
- 4 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 5 Budleigh football facing a moral dilemma
- 6 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 7 Rugby literally back to square one
- 8 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
To find out more details about the event, visit www.coastalongforwateraid.org or telephone (01225) 526149.