MP steps up for Water Aid
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire will be stepping out along Budleigh Salterton s coastal path on Saturday, September 12 to raise funds for Water Aid.
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire will be stepping out along Budleigh Salterton's coastal path on Saturday, September 12 to raise funds for Water Aid.
There is still time to take part - the Devon stretch of coast has been split into 16 sections of coast path.
Mr Swire will be walking the seven-mile stretch from Budleigh to Sidmouth in an attempt to raise much-needed cash for the charity.
In 2005 and 2007, those taking part collectively raised more than �120,000.
You may also want to watch:
This year, it is hoped the Coast Along for Water Aid event will raise at least �100,000, by having at least one team of between two and seven people on each section of the path.
Mr Swire said: "I am proud to be playing my own small part in contributing to this worthwhile cause. At a time when we are all facing difficult economic circumstances, it is imperative that we do not forget those less fortunate than ourselves and this will be a healthy and enjoyable way to promote this cause."
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 4 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 9 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 10 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
To find out more details about the event, visit www.coastalongforwateraid.org or telephone (01225) 526149.