MP steps up for Water Aid
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire will be stepping out along Budleigh Salterton s coastal path on Saturday, September 12 to raise funds for Water Aid.
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire will be stepping out along Budleigh Salterton's coastal path on Saturday, September 12 to raise funds for Water Aid.
There is still time to take part - the Devon stretch of coast has been split into 16 sections of coast path.
Mr Swire will be walking the seven-mile stretch from Budleigh to Sidmouth in an attempt to raise much-needed cash for the charity.
In 2005 and 2007, those taking part collectively raised more than �120,000.
This year, it is hoped the Coast Along for Water Aid event will raise at least �100,000, by having at least one team of between two and seven people on each section of the path.
Mr Swire said: "I am proud to be playing my own small part in contributing to this worthwhile cause. At a time when we are all facing difficult economic circumstances, it is imperative that we do not forget those less fortunate than ourselves and this will be a healthy and enjoyable way to promote this cause."
- 1 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
- 2 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 3 'Report graffiti and vandalism', police urge Budleigh residents
- 4 Exmouth coast watch recruit three newbies
- 5 New name and fresh look for Exmouth Museum
- 6 Found: Wanted man from Exmouth
- 7 First hybrid meeting for Exmouth’s U3A branch
- 8 Have your say on business development plans near airport
- 9 Exmouth to join national beacon lighting programme to mark Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 10 East Devon beaches given prestigious blue flag award
To find out more details about the event, visit www.coastalongforwateraid.org or telephone (01225) 526149.