MP’s second job salaries revealed
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire s earnings from second jobs have been revealed under new rules – one position paying him almost �500 an hour.
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire's earnings from second jobs have been revealed under new rules - one position paying him almost �500 an hour.
The Tory MP for East Devon disclosed in the Register of Members' Interests that he had received �5,904.76 for 12 hours of work as non-executive chairman of Photo-Me International Plc, Surrey.
He also received a salary of �902.74 at Symphony Environmental Technologies Plc, Hertfordshire.
A spokesman on behalf of Mr Swire said: "Mr Swire is out of the country at present and has no wish to comment."
You may also want to watch:
Disclosure rules, which came into force on July 1, mean MPs have to reveal how much time they spend on non-parliamentary work and what they earn from them.
Mr Swire has listed duties as including 'attending meetings and offering advice.'
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 4 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 7 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 10 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
Mr Swire's spokesman referred the Journal to his website, where he writes: "I hold two paid positions outside parliament, non-executive chairman of Photo Me International Plc and non-executive director of Symphony Environmental Plc.
"I have a range of unpaid positions, including being a member of the council of the RNLI as well as numerous other charitable commitments. The knowledge which I have gained from these has been hugely useful to me in Parliament."
Tory MP for Tiverton and Honiton Angela Browning has declared she received up to �5,000 for lectures to Civil Service College, which are paid direct to charities.