MP Hugo Swire speaks out over Exmouth care home issue
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire has raised his concern over plans for three Exmouth care homes to be moved away from NHS control. Mr Swire has pledged to liaise regularly with Iain Tulley, chief executive of the Devon Partnership Trust, to ensure individuals aff
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire has raised his concern over plans for three Exmouth care homes to be moved away from NHS control.
Mr Swire has pledged to liaise regularly with Iain Tulley, chief executive of the Devon Partnership Trust, to ensure individuals affected by the restructuring will be satisfied with the new services.
He said: "We must ensure at all times that none of the changes result in a reduction in the care provided to this vulnerable section of society.
"As I have stated previously, the priority should be the welfare of the residents and maintaining the highest standard of care for all patients.
You may also want to watch:
"I have been assured by Mr Iain Tulley, Chief Executive of the Devon Partnership Trust, that this restructuring will not mean a change in the quality of care for people with learning disabilities.
"Mr Tulley has informed me that a special project team, which will be established by the Devon County Council, will assess the needs of each individual.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 6 John and Grace run for the heart
- 7 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
"This is in order to ensure that they will receive continuity of support from familiar carers. "Additionally, where significant change is required, the Devon Partnership Trust will be working with the Devon County Council to ensure that disruption is minimised and transition to new living arrangements is carefully managed.
"I will of course continue to be in contact with Mr Tulley and constituents to ensure that those individuals affected by the restructuring are satisfied with the new services provided.