MP backs health checks
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire is encouraging Carers to get free health checks at a Budleigh Salterton chemists as part of Carer s Week.
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire is encouraging Carers to get free health checks at a Budleigh Salterton chemists as part of Carer's Week.
Lloyds Pharmacy has teamed up with charity Carers UK to offer free heart health checks normally worth �15 to carers from June 8 to 14.
The checks include cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes and are available from the Lloyds Pharmacy located at 27 High Street, Budleigh Salterton.
Hugo Swire said: "The unpaid care provided to friends and family by carers makes such an important contribution to our society and local communities - we have got to make sure their own health doesn't suffer as a result.
"Practical initiatives like this partnership between our local Lloyds Pharmacy and Carers UK will help carers to look after themselves, and I would urge carers to take up this excellent opportunity to have their health checked."
Andy Murdock, Pharmacy Relations and Governance Director at Lloyds Pharmacy, said: "We're very pleased to be supporting the work of Carers UK as carers represent a large proportion of the people who use our pharmacies. "The survey findings regarding the health of carers are alarming. By making it easier for carers to consider their own health we hope to go someway to improving their overall well being."
- 1 Councillors formally support bid for levelling up fund
- 2 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 3 Hilary Mantel's desk fetches more than £4,000 at auction
- 4 What if housing developments could be done differently?
- 5 In=person exams made a welcome return this year, now for the Proms...
- 6 Do you remember the general election of 1979?
- 7 Angry passenger keyed a car in disabled parking dispute
- 8 Comedian Jason Bryne announces Exmouth date
- 9 Lympstone school rated 'good' at latest Ofsted report
- 10 Urgent help needed alleviate ambulance and hospital emergencies
The free checks are only available during Carers Week to carers with health check vouchers, which can be ordered by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org