MP backs health checks
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire is encouraging Carers to get free health checks at a Budleigh Salterton chemists as part of Carer s Week.
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire is encouraging Carers to get free health checks at a Budleigh Salterton chemists as part of Carer's Week.
Lloyds Pharmacy has teamed up with charity Carers UK to offer free heart health checks normally worth �15 to carers from June 8 to 14.
The checks include cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes and are available from the Lloyds Pharmacy located at 27 High Street, Budleigh Salterton.
Hugo Swire said: "The unpaid care provided to friends and family by carers makes such an important contribution to our society and local communities - we have got to make sure their own health doesn't suffer as a result.
You may also want to watch:
"Practical initiatives like this partnership between our local Lloyds Pharmacy and Carers UK will help carers to look after themselves, and I would urge carers to take up this excellent opportunity to have their health checked."
Andy Murdock, Pharmacy Relations and Governance Director at Lloyds Pharmacy, said: "We're very pleased to be supporting the work of Carers UK as carers represent a large proportion of the people who use our pharmacies. "The survey findings regarding the health of carers are alarming. By making it easier for carers to consider their own health we hope to go someway to improving their overall well being."
- 1 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 4 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 5 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 6 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 7 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 8 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 9 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 10 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
The free checks are only available during Carers Week to carers with health check vouchers, which can be ordered by emailing email@example.com