Motor vehicles are banned
I am writing in response to Mr Harcus letter in the Journal on November 12, regarding the use of motorcycles on East Budleigh and adjoining commons.
I am writing in response to Mr Harcus' letter in the Journal on November 12, regarding the use of motorcycles on East Budleigh and adjoining commons.
Clinton Devon Estates owns the seven commons that make up the Easy Devon Pebblebed Heaths and are now managed by our Conservation Trust.
The commons do not have any green lanes or unclassified roads that run over them and, as such, although they are open for public access on foot under the Countryside and Rights of Way Act, motor vehicles of any kind are not permitted.
Of course, sensible use of green lanes adjoining the commons is permitted, and we thank Mr Harcus for his responsible use and attitude.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant Land Agent.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 6 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 9 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 10 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan