Motor vehicles are banned
I am writing in response to Mr Harcus letter in the Journal on November 12, regarding the use of motorcycles on East Budleigh and adjoining commons.
I am writing in response to Mr Harcus' letter in the Journal on November 12, regarding the use of motorcycles on East Budleigh and adjoining commons.
Clinton Devon Estates owns the seven commons that make up the Easy Devon Pebblebed Heaths and are now managed by our Conservation Trust.
The commons do not have any green lanes or unclassified roads that run over them and, as such, although they are open for public access on foot under the Countryside and Rights of Way Act, motor vehicles of any kind are not permitted.
Of course, sensible use of green lanes adjoining the commons is permitted, and we thank Mr Harcus for his responsible use and attitude.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant Land Agent.
- 1 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 2 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 3 New recruits to help keep a safe watch over Exmouth coast
- 4 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 5 Corporate insolvencies at third highest since start of pandemic
- 6 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 7 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 8 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 9 Captain’s Day at Madeira Bowls
- 10 Bouncing back with our Library of Things