More than 300 attend Topsham New Year swim event
MORE than 300 people made a splashing start to 2010 at an annual Topsham New Year s Day swim. Crowds of people visited the pool for a dip in the specially heated water on January 1. Colin Long, Topsham Swimming Pool Association chairman, said he was plea
MORE than 300 people made a splashing start to 2010 at an annual Topsham New Year's Day swim.
Crowds of people visited the pool for a dip in the specially heated water on January 1.
Colin Long, Topsham Swimming Pool Association chairman, said he was pleased with the success of the event:
"It went really well. We covered our cost and made a bit of profit," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"When you think, all through last summer there was not much sunshine, yet it was great weather on New Year's Day. People came in forces.
"It was an enjoyable occasion that gives people something to do on New Year's Day.
- 1 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 2 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 3 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 4 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 5 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 6 St Peter's runner-up in Devon's best churchyard award
- 7 Call for 370 more care workers in East Devon
- 8 Champions of art and culture help connect communities
- 9 Serious injury abandons Exmouth v Brislington
- 10 Vandals target vital equipment used by coastwatch team
"The soup was equally enjoyable, prepared by Andrea Veale and her crew but unfortunately it went too quickly."
Topsham Swimming Pool reopens in the second week in May. For more information on the pool, visit their website at www.topshampool.com