More than 300 attend Topsham New Year swim event
MORE than 300 people made a splashing start to 2010 at an annual Topsham New Year s Day swim. Crowds of people visited the pool for a dip in the specially heated water on January 1. Colin Long, Topsham Swimming Pool Association chairman, said he was plea
MORE than 300 people made a splashing start to 2010 at an annual Topsham New Year's Day swim.
Crowds of people visited the pool for a dip in the specially heated water on January 1.
Colin Long, Topsham Swimming Pool Association chairman, said he was pleased with the success of the event:
"It went really well. We covered our cost and made a bit of profit," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"When you think, all through last summer there was not much sunshine, yet it was great weather on New Year's Day. People came in forces.
"It was an enjoyable occasion that gives people something to do on New Year's Day.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 3 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 6 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 7 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 8 Royal Marines Charity gets donation from Devon-based roofing firm
- 9 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 10 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
"The soup was equally enjoyable, prepared by Andrea Veale and her crew but unfortunately it went too quickly."
Topsham Swimming Pool reopens in the second week in May. For more information on the pool, visit their website at www.topshampool.com