Mobile phones stolen at youngsters play in Budleigh
Mobile phones and other possessions were stolen from children’s bags as the youngsters were playing in Budleigh Salterton, police have said.
The youngsters had been playing on scooters on Tuesday, August 9, and left their bags in Bedlands Lane, when they were stolen.
The police said an iPhone belonging to the group was later recovered in a hedge opposite St Peter’s Primary School.
PC Simon Evans is appealing for anyone who may have been offered phones or tools to get in touch.
He is also keen to hear from anyone who may have seen someone acting suspiciously where the youngsters were playing.
He said: “The children were out playing on scooters and left a couple of bags on Bedlands Lane. On returning, they were both gone.
“The bags contained mobile phones, and various tools for the scooters.
- 1 Dramatic rock fall at Budleigh beach prompts warnings of further collapses
- 2 Met Office weather warning for wind in East Devon
- 3 It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas as lights are on in Exmouth
- 4 Santa's sleigh and Family Fun Run: Exmouth Rotary announces Christmas events
- 5 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 6 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 7 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 8 Awesome Aaron earns Exmouth win with a worldie
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate
One of the phones was recovered. The other phone and contents are still outstanding.”
Contact the police on 08452 777444 with information, quoting crime reference KE/11/2116.