Minister shows support for rivers at Bicton
Richard Benyon MP met with executives of South West Water, Westcountry Rivers Trust, The Association of Rivers Trusts, the Farming & Wildlife Advisory Group (FWAG) and local farmers at Bicton College with the aim of achieving greater understanding of river projects.
Bicton College was recently visited by the Minister for the Natural Environment and Fisheries to show his support for the clean-up of English rivers.
Richard Benyon MP met with executives of South West Water, Westcountry Rivers Trust, The Association of Rivers Trusts, the Farming & Wildlife Advisory Group (FWAG) and local farmers at Bicton College with the aim of achieving greater understanding of collaborative work on river catchment projects between organisations and landowners in the South West.
The Minister spoke with farm managers, Paul Redmore from Bicton and George Perrott of Clinton Devon Estates, who are taking part in the Upstream Thinking initiative developed by the Westcountry Rivers Trust and South West Water and project managed by FWAG in the lower Otter.
He visited Bicton Home Farm, close to the River Otter, and saw first-hand practical changes that have been made in line with Upstream Thinking.
You may also want to watch:
During the visit South West Water chief executive Chris Loughlin announced the company would provide Upstream Thinking funding to more than 700 Devon farms, including the Exe and the Otter Valley.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 9 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 10 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way