Pupils create ‘Fight Song’ music video to show resistance to coronavirus crisis
- Credit: Mill Water School
Pupils with severe learning difficulties have produced a music video to show they will not be beaten by Covid-19.
Mill Water School’s pupils chose their favourite tune Fight Song, by Rachel Platten, and, with the help of tutors Sharon and Naomi Parnell, had rehearsed and recorded the video within days of school closing.
Headteacher Sarah Pickering said: “It sums up our school’s determination and resilience in overcoming obstacles.
“This Fight Song is a real boost to morale and a testament to how they are not going to let these circumstances get them down.”
The school, based on the grounds of the Bicton estate, near East Budleigh, does not have the protective clothing needed to keep everyone safe and, following an appeal, ‘dozens’ of handmade personal protective equipment items were donated.
You may also want to watch:
Mill Water is now seeking funds for much-needed items that will help keep the children entertained and stimulated while at home.
Go to the school’s website to donate.
To watch the Fight Song video, visit the website
- 1 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 John and Grace run for the heart
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 8 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon