Mill Water pupils respond to Covid-19 with ‘fight song’
- Credit: Georgia White
A ‘fight song’ video has been produced by a special needs school based at Bicton College, near East Budleigh.
Mill Water School children and their families are determined they will not be beaten by Covid-19 and have produced the video the prove it.
The Bicton school’s 117 special needs children, aged 3-19, chose their favourite tune Fight Song by Rachel Platten and, with the help of Regional Makaton tutors Sharon and Naomi Parnell, had rehearsed and recorded the video within days of school closing.
Mill Water School head teacher Sarah Pickering said: “It sums up our school’s determination and resilience in overcoming obstacles.
“Our children and young adults have severe and complex needs and they and their parents rely on routine, structure and respite.
You may also want to watch:
“The impact of the coronavirus has been particularly difficult, but this ‘Fight Song’ is a real boost to morale and testament to how they are not going to let these circumstances get them down.”
To see the video visit https://www.millwater.devon.sch.uk/web/fight_song?fbclid=IwAR3MTecIOHrK6fpVuTIuW18qn5KrCYwuxnwTmwO56O5J2r47v-EUCt3ghcE
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 6 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 Budleigh bowlers welcome touring sides
- 10 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light