Microwave fire at Withycombe Raleigh

PUBLISHED: 15:21 13 December 2011

�

Archant

Firefighters from Exmouth were called to a home in Withycombe Raleigh when food inside a microwave caught fire.

Smoke alarms sounding at a home in Withycombe Raleigh on Monday lunchtime prompted a visit from Exmouth firefighters.

The fire crews were called to Hamilton Lane shortly before 1.30pm, where they found a small fire had broken out in a first floor kitchen of a split level property.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the fire involved a microwave oven.

A fire service spokesperson said: “The property was lightly affected by smoke and the crews used positive pressure ventilation to remove the smoke.

“The fire involved food in the microwave which was removed to open air.”

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists