Devon set for hot weather as weekend approaches
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Devon is bracing itself for hot weather ahead of the weekend with temperatures expected to reach as high at 26 degrees.
The Met Office is forecasting a spell of sustained hot weather over Thursday (August 6) and Friday (August 7) and into the weekend.
Devon is expected to experience temperatures of up to 26 degrees in some places.
Met Office chief meteorologist Dan Suri said: “Most of us will see a spell of warm, summery weather later this week, with hot weather developing across southern parts of the UK.
“From Thursday it’ll be much warmer across southern and central areas, with temperatures widely reaching 28-29 Celsius.
You may also want to watch:
“It’ll be another hot day on Friday with temperatures widely reaching 30 Celsius, or higher, in central, southern and some northern parts of England.”
- 1 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Repair cafe opens again
- 4 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 5 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 6 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 7 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 8 Welcome opportunity to celebrate natural beauty of pebblebed heaths
- 9 Extraordinary win for Budleigh Seconds
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities