Memory caf� to open in town
A CAFE for people suffering from memory problems is to open up in Budleigh Salterton, from Wednesday, November 11. Budleigh Salterton Medical Centre is opening the memory caf� for those suffering with memory problems, and their carers, with the aim of pro
A CAFE for people suffering from memory problems is to open up in Budleigh Salterton, from Wednesday, November 11.
Budleigh Salterton Medical Centre is opening the memory caf� for those suffering with memory problems, and their carers, with the aim of providing a social meeting place with activities and a chance to meet new people in a similar situation.
It will also give people the chance to ask any questions they may have.
The caf� will run twice a month, on the second and fourth Wednesday, in the Methodist Church Hall, in Fore Street, from 10am until noon.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments and entertainment will be provided.
Budleigh Salterton Health Centre spokeswoman Amy Davies said: "There will be a trained nurse and voluntary supporters, who will run games, quizzes, and hopefully outings.
- 1 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 2 David puts big business career on ice to return to his seafront roots
- 3 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 4 Gold medal for East Devon powerlifter
- 5 Sun helps volunteers shine a light on town's blooming brilliant look
- 6 Tri-Hard Runners brave the heat
- 7 Corporate insolvencies at third highest since start of pandemic
- 8 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 9 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 10 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
"There will be plenty of opportunities to ask about practical, medical, financial and legal problems, find out about services available and organise support, if necessary.
"If a more private setting is wanted on the alternate weeks, Ceri, our nurse, can do home visits or arrange appointments at the surgery.
"We'll check all the basic investigations have been done, do simple tests ourselves and refer to specialists if necessary, but the emphasis of the actual caf� is a social and supportive place.