Members wanted for Exmouth table tennis club
NIMBLE-fingered sportspeople are invited to join an Exmouth club ahead of its new season. The Exe Table Tennis Club wants to recruit new members who can play either on a recreational basis or competitively. An open day will be held at the Exmouth Communi
NIMBLE-fingered sportspeople are invited to join an Exmouth club ahead of its new season.
The Exe Table Tennis Club wants to recruit new members who can play either on a recreational basis or competitively.
An open day will be held at the Exmouth Community College Sports Hall on Saturday, August 29, where people can try out the sport.
The new season starts on September 1 and the club plays on a Tuesday evening at the college.
You may also want to watch:
Debra Wellington, a fundraiser for the club, said: "We welcome new members of any age or ability and would like to see a few more girls joining."
Looking forward to the open day, she added: "There will be an opportunity for all comers to play on one table. There will also be side show-type skill contests and a raffle."
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 8 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 9 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
Debra outlined a number of reasons why people associated with the club should be excited about the start of the new season.
She said Andy Wilson, a local builder and upvc contractor, had supplied shirts displaying the team badge.
A professional coach would be attending from October. And, Sport England has awarded Exe Table Tennis with a �4,000 grant which will be spent on increasing the number of tables from nine to 18.
Sponsor Andy Wilson said: "I am pleased I can be of help by supplying shirts and wish the club continued success in the coming year."
Exe Table Tennis currently has 42 members. Twenty four of these are under the age of 18. The youngest player being nine and the oldest is 75-years-old.
The club is looking for additional junior teams in readiness of the new league season. For more information contact Howard Back on Exmouth 233831.
For more details about the club, contact either Debra Wellington on 01395 224802 or Brian Worts on 01395 277496.