Mayor unveils new workclub
A new workclub in Exmouth was unveiled last week by the Mayor of Exmouth Sandy Sutton.
Run by volunteers at the Glenorchy Church the club will be held every Thursday from 9.15am to 12.30pm and will offer help, support and advice to people looking for work.
Volunteers will be giving practical advice, including CV preparation, help with application forms, applying for jobs online and preparing for job interviews.
Project leader Sarah King said: “Getting a job is often a matter of who you know, and the more people you know, the better.
“That’s why we’re building a network of contacts to refer clients on to, if appropriate. Ultimately, we hope that the work club will become the eyes and ears of jobs in Exmouth.
You may also want to watch:
“So come in for tea and toast while you think about your future work options!”
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 6 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 7 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 8 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter