Mayor calls for recognition of Budleigh’s lockdown businesses
- Credit: Alan Dent
Budleigh Salterton’s new mayor has recognised the town’s businesses who provided residents with a new or adapted service through lockdown.
Speaking at a virtual town council meeting on Monday (July 27), Councillor Michael Hilliar said he wanted a letter of appreciation to be written to businesses which provided a service to residents during the coronavirus crisis.
Cllr Hilliar said: “It’s just to say thank you for being there for the town.
“I think they deserve it (recognition), they have been rushed off their feet.”
READ MORE: New mayor appointed in Budleigh
County councillor Christine Channon welcomed the idea and urged people to continue supporting independent traders in Budleigh.
She said: “We have been well supplied by our local businesses through this time of lockdown.
“I would like to think people wouldn’t rush back to supermarkets, forgetting all the support those businesses gave us.”
- 1 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 2 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 3 Denley's wins top restaurant accolade at Asian Curry Awards
- 4 Awesome Aaron earns Exmouth win with a worldie
- 5 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 6 Council's process of awarding alderman title under review after John Humphreys case
- 7 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
- 8 East Devon football results
- 9 Met Office weather warning for wind in East Devon
- 10 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth