Marpool pupils support Tanzania
Kind-hearted pupils from Marpool School have done their bit to support children in Tanzania.
The school’s IMPACT group spent the year raising funds for the school at Seeway Tanzania, a project which provides a home for orphaned and vulnerable children.
The children held fundraising events throughout the year, concluding with an ‘Aqua-que’ held at the school’s sports day.
The children raised �1,027 in total, and after the Aqua-que Rebecca Jackson, of Seeway Tanzania, received a cheque from headteacher Rachel Pattison.
Mrs Pattison said: “We are very proud of all the efforts the children have made to raise money for Tanzania.
You may also want to watch:
“It was their project - not the school’s – and they organised all sorts of events which were a great success.”
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 6 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence