Man struck by car at crossing
Exmouth police are appealing for witnesses after a man was hit by a car while using a pedestrian crossing in the town.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen a woman driving a gold-coloured car collide with the man as he used the pedestrian crossing in Imperial Road, close to the RAFA club, at around 10.10pm on Wednesday, August 24.
Police said the vehicle was heading towards the roundabout at the junction of Imperial Road and Royal Avenue.
Police community support officer Colin Balch said: “A male was crossing on the pedestrian crossing near to the RAFA club, in Imperial Road, when he was struck by a gold-coloured vehicle that was heading towards the roundabout at the junction of Imperial Road and the Royal Avenue, Exmouth.
“The female driver of the vehicle was seen to stop and speak with the male, who left the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information about the incident, contact the police on their new non-emergency number 101, quoting log number 479 of 26/09/11.
- 1 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 2 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 3 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 10 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall